So, with liquid lipsticks being all the rave right now and each new formula touting better staying power & longer wear time, our lips are subject to cruel and unusual punishment! With that being said, I have been on the hunt for something to remove my lipstick without being so harsh on my pout, while removing all of the product without a lot of work! ( is it possible?)
I ran across Sephora’s ultimate oil-in-gel lipstick remover on Instagram, it retails for $5.00, originally $9.50, it is sold online and in store, I got mine in store, found close to checkout in the sales bin/tower. I was excited for such a product as it would be easy for travel, reduce mess and more cost effective than my current routine!
Directions: apply to lips, leave on 30 seconds to remove lipstick gently.
Sephora states there are Aloe Vera extracts that soothes and hydrate the lips.
I have used this product twice since I purchased a week ago!
- No smell noticed!
- Does have a funny taste if it gets in your mouth!
- It is messy in the since that you lipstick stains around your mouth from product running!
- It removes lipstick pretty good!(Holy Grail Status)
- Did not notice any adverse effects or skin breakout from using it! (Suitable for all skin types, stated by Sephora)
- Does not contain Parabens!
- You don’t need a lot.
- I did find myself rubbing a little to remove all signs of the lipstick.
- Easy to travel, you can it in your makeup bag and keep going.
I will continue to use the remover and see if it works better with certain lip procucts vs others! I will continue to update blog as I go! On first impression, I would recommend this product based on the price and convenience, I would repurchase at this point, also, I’m not sure if it’s just on sale temporarily or if it’s being phased out. I will keep you posted! http://www.sephora.com